|Department||Building and Facilities Management Consultancy|
|Reporting Lines||Managing Director/Board|
As Director of Facilities Management Consultancy (FMC) you will be a strategic leader and head of the Centre of Excellence responsible for overseeing and directing a team of experts in delivering comprehensive facilities management consulting services to clients across various industries and geographies. This role involves providing high Caliber FM consultancy advice on master planned developments, strategic advice on mixed-use or sector specific projects, from a facilities operations and management/ coordinated service, optimizing facility operations, and ensuring client satisfaction. As Director you will lead a team of experts and also play a crucial role in business development, client relationship management, and maintaining the highest standards of service delivery expected of a professional consultancy firm.
- As a leader, the Director should have experience and deep understanding of Facilities Management Consulting with a growth mind-set and success in providing professional FMC services to clients and institutions in the Middle East. Develop a strategic plan that outlines shortterm and long-term goals and guide the team towards achieving them.
- Develop learning and development platforms for building a market leading FMC around the region and actively produce comprehensive reports on client operational needs, mega/giga developments and future FM operational requirements.
- Effectively and professionally allocate resources within the company and team to ensure that FMC assignments and instructions are completed on time and to a high standard expected of the firm.
- Foster a collaborative and supportive team culture. Encourage open communication, knowledge sharing, and teamwork among team members to maximize productivity and create a positive work environment.
- Set performance goals and conduct regular performance evaluations for team members. Address any performance issues promptly and fairly, while also recognizing and rewarding outstanding contributions.
Client Relationship Management
- Actively engage with clients to conduct comprehensive needs assessments and Business Development. This involves listening attentively to their development and operational challenges, goals, and specific requirements.
- Work closely with new and existing Clients and Regional teams on preparation, submission of RFP’s, proposals and presentations.
- Coordinate costing measures of submissions and drive revenues whilst monitoring annual budgets.
- Collaborate closely with clients to define and prioritize their facility management objectives, ensuring alignment with their overarching organizational strategies.
- Provide expert guidance to clients in formulating comprehensive facility management strategies that address their specific needs and challenges.
- Lead Teams in preparation of professional, Technical, Management and Operational submissions on projects and master planned developments on behalf of our clients.
- Offer insights on industry best practices, emerging trends, and innovative technologies that can enhance facility performance.
- Act as a trusted advisor and educator, sharing expertise on facility management best practices, regulatory compliance, and sustainability initiatives.
- Equip clients with the knowledge and tools they need to make informed facility management decisions and lead their organizations effectively.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with prospective clients, focusing on understanding their unique facility management challenges and objectives.
- Build trust by demonstrating expertise, professionalism, and a commitment to solving clients’ challenges.
- Seek feedback from clients, both current and prospective, to understand their needs, preferences, and pain points.
- Use client feedback to refine business development strategies, enhance service offerings, and address areas for improvement.
- Able to travel in within the GCC region Region on required basis
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell additional consultancy services or expand the scope of existing projects to meet clients’ evolving needs.
- Provide clients with a holistic view of how various facility management solutions can complement one another for greater efficiency and cost savings.
- Cultivate and expand a robust professional network within the facilities management, real estate, and related industries.
- Actively participate in industry events, conferences, seminars, and associations to enhance the consultancy firm’s visibility and access to potential clients.
- Maintain a well-organized business development pipeline, tracking leads, prospects, and active projects.
- Continuously update and prioritize opportunities based on their potential for conversion and revenue generation.
- Prepare persuasive and customized proposals in response to client inquiries, requests for proposals (RFPs), and other business development opportunities.
- Develop a strategic business development plan that outlines clear objectives, target markets, growth strategies, and timelines.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of the plan and regularly assess progress.
- Explore opportunities for strategic partnerships or collaborations with other organizations that can complement or enhance the Facilities & Management Consultancy services provided. This could include alliances with law firms, real estate developers, or financial institutions.
- Stay abreast of market trends, economic data, and emerging opportunities within the commercial real estate sector.
- Use market insights to identify potential niches, target markets, and areas of growth for the department’s services.
- Plan to develop industry news articles, whitepapers and research publications to create a recognised voice within the Facilities Management Consultancy field, locally and regionally ( GCC).
- Work with the finance department to develop and manage budgets and financial projections for the Facilities & Management department. Ensure that financial goals are met and profitability is maintained
- Work with the team to forecast revenue streams based on historical performance, client pipeline, and market conditions. This involves estimating the income generated from valuation assignments and advisory services.
- Collaborate with the team to establish pricing strategies for Facilities and Management services.
- Prepare regular financial reports and presentations for senior management and key stakeholders. These reports should provide insights into the department’s financial performance, including revenue, expenses, and profitability.
- Establish key financial performance metrics to measure the department’s financial health and effectiveness in achieving financial goals. Regularly review and adjust these metrics as needed.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Advance knowledge of the RICS Code of Conduct and RICS International Property Measurement Standards (IPMS).
- Accreditation or Membership of industry relevant bodies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of local and national marketplace
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Well-organized, diligent, proactive, assertive and willing to work in a mutually supportive environment
- Ability to lead and mentor the facilities and management team
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with extensive excel experience
- Exceptional communication and administration skills
- Excellent ability to build internal relationships at all levels of the business
- Intermediate to Advanced level MS Office skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a high performing team.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- UAE experience is preferred but not essential
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, therefore the Employee may be requested to perform all or some of the above duties and any other duties as and when required to meet the on-going needs of the Company. All Job Descriptions are subject to a periodic review and changes as and when required.