|Reporting Lines||Valuation and Advisory|
|Direct Reports||Managing Director/Board|
As Director of Commercial Valuations, your role involves preparing accurate commercial valuations and feasibility studies that meet international standards. Form part of the senior teams in securing new business, develop and managing client relationships, and ensuring the quality and compliance of valuation reports. Your responsibilities include addressing client concerns, maintaining report templates, and staying updated on regulatory requirements. This role is pivotal in maintaining our high standards and reputation in the real estate and valuations field.
- Provide visionary leadership to the commercial valuations team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Mentor, guide, and inspire a team of commercial real estate appraisers and analysts. Create an environment that encourages their professional growth and development.
- Set clear performance goals, regularly assess individual and team performance, and provide constructive feedback. Recognize and reward outstanding contributions.
- Effectively allocate resources within the team, optimizing workflow and ensuring that valuation assignments are completed on time and within budget.
Client Relationship Management
- To build and maintain strong relationships with clients. Understand their unique needs, objectives, and expectations. Regularly communicate with clients to provide updates on valuation projects and address any concerns or questions.
- Able to tailor valuation and advisory services to meet the specific requirements of each client. This may involve providing in-depth market analysis, financial modeling, or risk assessment, depending on the client’s goals.
- To be able to excel in problem-solving by identifying potential issues and proposing innovative solutions that align with the client’s objectives.
- Able to establish trust with clients by delivering accurate and unbiased commercial valuations. Uphold the highest standards of integrity and ethics in all interactions to maintain the reputation and credibility of the valuation team and the company.
- Able to travel in within the GCC region Region on required basis
- Take a lead role in identifying and cultivating new business opportunities for the commercial valuations department.
- Develop and implement comprehensive business development strategies that align with the company growth objectives
- Build a strong professional network within the real estate and financial services sectors. Attend industry events, join relevant associations, and connect with key influencers and decisionmakers in the field.
- Explore opportunities for strategic partnerships or collaborations with other organizations that can complement or enhance the valuation and advisory services provided. This could include alliances with law firms, real estate developers, or financial institutions.
- Develop strategies to increase the department’s client base and revenue streams. This may involve expanding service offerings, exploring new markets, or upselling additional services to existing clients.
- Solicit feedback from clients to understand their satisfaction levels and areas for improvement. Use this feedback to refine and enhance the services offered.
- Assess potential risks associated with new clients or projects and develop strategies to mitigate these risks. This includes conducting due diligence on prospective clients and projects.
- Stay abreast of market trends, economic data, and emerging opportunities within the commercial real estate sector.
- Use market insights to identify potential niches, target markets, and areas of growth for the department’s services.
- Work with the finance department to develop and manage budgets and financial projections for the commercial valuation vertical. Ensure that financial goals are met and profitability is maintained
- Work with the team to forecast revenue streams based on historical performance, client pipeline, and market conditions.
- Prepare regular financial reports and presentations for senior management and key stakeholders.
- Establish key financial performance metrics to measure the department’s financial health and effectiveness in achieving financial goals. Regularly review and adjust these metrics as needed.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors ( MRICS) with 5+yrs in a similar senior role in commercial valuations and appraisals.
- Advanced knowledge of valuation methodology
- Knowledge of key principles of international accounting standards related to valuation of financial instruments
- Ability to lead and mentor the valuation team
- Ability to connect with clients and network
- Significant experience in Valuations/conducting market appraisals
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with extensive excel experience
- Exceptional communication and administration skills
- Excellent ability to build internal relationships at all levels of the business.
- Experience on Valuation software
- Intermediate to Advanced level MS Office skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated – keen to add value to the team.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a high performing team.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- UAE and GCC experience is preferred but not essential.
- Organizational & Time Management Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking
- Business orientation
- Client focused
- Results orientated
- Ethical standards
- Focus on quality
- Ability to delegate
- Leadership and teamwork
- Employee development
- Stress management
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, therefore the Employee may be requested to perform all or some of the above duties and any other duties as and when required to meet the on-going needs of the Company. All Job Descriptions are subject to a periodic review and changes as and when required.